Interactions between conductive materials and biological systems (enzymes, microorganisms, biofilms)
Electrochemical and Material approaches.
Fields of application:
- biocorrosion / bioprotection
Coordinator of the Marie Curie network BIOCOR (2009/13) for a better understanding of biocorrosion problems in industry (Oil&gas, cooling systems, nuclear plants …)
Coordinator of the ANR French project MICOATEC (2020-2023) for the development of innovative Nature-inspired process for corrosion protection.
- Hydrogen production by electrolysis under mild pH conditions / Coupling with bioanodes
Technology transfer – patents and licences
Partner of the regional project Readynov 2018 ECO-H2 (2019-2020)
- Complementary methodologies and skills
Analysis, design & development of electrochemical processes
Development of a local analysis method (SVET) for the study of bioelectrochemical interfaces.
Application & Teaching
Research interest : (Bio)electrochemistry and electrochemical engineering, corrosion, interfaces biological systems/conductive materials, electro-enzymatic and electro-microbial catalysis
Applications : biocorrosion, bioprotection, hydrogen production
– 12 PhD students: K.Délécouls (1999), S. Da Silva (2002), A. Pardo (2004), De Silva Muñoz (2007), C. Dumas (2007), M. Mehanna (2009), C. Cote Coy (2013), M. Stipaničev (2013), I. Rouvre (2016), A. El Abed (2019), E. Roubaud (2019), J. Jaume (ongoing)
– 7 post-docs : C. Jacques (2004), A.C. Boucher (2006), H. Iken (2007), L.Pons (2008), O. Rosas (2010-2012), R. Lacroix (2010-2012), G. Ghiara (2017)
Teaching activities :
Lecture course on Biofuel Cells for engineer students in INPT
Lecture course on Biocorrosion for CNAM Paris
Microbial Corrosion Course ‘Electrochemical techniques to detect MIC’ at EUROCORR annual congress
Academic partners : CEA Saclay, CIRIMAT Toulouse, IRCP PCS Paris, TBI (ex-LISBP) Toulouse, LAPLACE Toulouse, LNEG LMR Lisbon-Portugal, University of Gent-Belgium, CNR-IAS (ex ISMAR) Genoa-Italy, Politecnico di Torino Italy, University of Genoa Italy, CRM Bergen-Norway
Industrial partners: 6TMIC Toulouse, SAGIM Saint-Etienne, MECAPROTEC Toulouse, RSE SpA Italy