I am working in the department Process and Systems Engineering on modelling and optimization of complex systems according to environmental and economic criteria. My research activities are focused on the modelling and multicriteria optimization of resource networks at different scales. A typical application is the optimal design of exchanges of energies and water in the field of industrial ecology (Boix et al., 2015). The main goal is to develop approaches, procedures and methodologies to build generic models that can help the decision makers at a tactical scale by giving them operational optimal solutions (Boix et al., 2022). The criteria are various: economic, environmental based on LCA approaches, societal or operational.
I am also interested in the deployment of optimization approaches at a territorial scale through the study of water-energy- food nexus with multi-agent based approaches.
- Multiobjective optimization
- Industrial ecology, industrial symbioses
- Multicriteria decision –making tools
- Water-energy-food nexus
- Energies, water networks, heat integration
Application & Teaching
I have co-supervised 6 PhD students 15 Master’s degree and I was external member of committee for the defence of 5 doctoral theses.
- Manuel RAMOS: “Bilevel optimization of Eco-Industrial parks for the design of sustainable resource networks”, PhD defense in September 2016
- Phuong-Anh VO DONG: “Multi-objective optimization for ecodesign of aerospace CFRP waste supply chains” PhD defense in April 2017
- Anastasia ROTH: “Développement de méthodologies génériques pour la conception optimale et durable des parcs hybrides d’énergies renouvelables » PhD defense in May 2019
- Florent MOUSQUE : « Conception Optimale des Réseaux de Ressources pour le Développement des Pars Eco-Industriels » PhD defense in March 2021
- Daniel PENA-TORRES: “Water Energy Food Nexus optimization through Process Systems Engineering approaches” Since 2020.
- Amaya SAINT-BOIS: “Development of a territorial approach for the optimal design of complex systems such as water-energy-food nexus.” Since 2021
Teaching and collective responsibilities
My teaching experiences gather basics for engineers such as: numerical analysis, optimization, multiobjective optimization, project management, heat integration, process integration analysis. I have also developed several teaching courses for Master degrees students in Industrial Ecology, Operational research and multicriteria decision-making tools.
- Head of Industrial systems engineering Master degree since 2020, at ENSIACET, INPT
- Active member of the transdisciplinary “Mastère Spécialisé Eco-Ingénierie” since 2016, INPT
Education and Degrees
Licence Sciences de la Terre et de l’Environnement, Ecole Normale Supérieure de Lyon, Université Claude Bernard Lyon
Master Recherche Science de la Terre et de l’environnement, Université Paul Sabatier Toulouse
Doctorat Génie des Procédés et de l’Environnement
The PhD thesis was entitled “Multicriteria optimization of industrial water networks” and was supervised by Pr. Luc Pibouleau and Pr. Ludovic Montastruc
Postdoctoral associate at University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign on the modelling of water resources at a global scale
Maitre de conférences, Associate Professor, INP Toulouse, LGC