Directeur de recherche CNRS / CNRS Senior Researcher
+335 34 32 36 38
GIMD – Interface and Particle Interaction Engineering
Crystallization Engineering and Solid and Particles Processes
Crystallization and precipitation processes in complex media: generation and formulation of crystals with controlled properties. Multiscale approach and methodology for controlling the quality and the end-use properties of the crystals or nanostructured particles, by acting on the design and on the operating conditions of the process. Experimental and modelling approaches.
– Thermodynamic of solid-liquid systems at equilibrium and out of equilibrium
– Local study of nucleation and crystal growth mechanisms in dynamic.
– Influence of additives and impurities on crystallization kinetics.
– Aggregation and characterization of precipitated nanoparticle suspensions under flow
– Innovative crystallization processes for wastewater treatment, energy saving or recycling.
Key words: chemical engineering/industrial crystallization/nucleation/crystal growth/ aggregation
Application & Teaching
- Process-product interactions for controlling solid end-use properties (purity, polymorphism, crystal size distribution, morphology)
- Processes of spherical crystallization
- Nucleation and crystal growth kinetics study in controlled conditions
- Nucleation and growth in microfluidic systems
- Processes for generation, stabilization and characterization of nanoparticles
- From batch to continuous crystallization processes
Applications: generation of pharmaceutical active particles/wastewater treatment by precipitation/material for energy /recycling / urban mining
Research supervision, in recent years:
– 5 PhD students: Sara Kirchner (2015), Kémie Ley-Ngardigal (2016) ,Dimitri Radajewski (2017), Norinda Chhim (2019), Margot Zielinski (2020),.
– 2 post-docs : Nicolas Coppey (2014) , Waldemir Moura de Carvalho (2019)
Teaching activities: My teaching activities are at the Chemical Engineering department of Institut National Polytechnique de Toulouse, at the master levels. I teach crystallization processes, solid and particle size enlargement and characterization techniques.
– Academic : Sébastien Teychené, Laurent Cassayre, Christine Frances, Philippe Destrac (LGC Toulouse), Christel Combes (CIRIMAT), Mathieu Spérandio (LISBP), Nicolas Rivière (ONERA).
– Industrial : Pierre Fabre, IFPEN, CEA, Solvay, EDF, Fives Proabd, SNAM.
Education and Degrees
CNRS scientist in Chemical Engineering Laboratory of Toulouse
Degree of accreditation to supervise research (Habilitation à Diriger les Recherches)
Post-doc position at National Space Research Center (CNES)
– PhD (National Polytechnique Institute, Toulouse France)
Title of the thesis: Purification of cheese whey proteins by ion exchange chromatography in fluidized bed. Awarded by the Chemical Engineering French Association. A patent was deposited on the results.
– Engineer Degree (High National School of Chemical Engineering -Toulouse-France)
– Master Degree of Chemical Engineering (University of Toulouse-France)